Thursday, January 29, 2009

Quake Live Beta

Recently, I was chosen to take part in the Quake Live Beta! In case you have never heard of Quake Live, it is the multiplayer component of Quake 3 Arena in a web browser. I was a little skeptical at first, I mean, how could they take they awesomeness and epicness that was Quake 3 Arena and put it in a browser? With this on my mind, I just needed to get in this beta, and now I have.
You're given 2 choices on how you want to play, against people online or BOTS. Playing online against people is pretty messy, for me at least. When you want to join a match, it takes a long time to connect to the game depending on how many people are in the match. When you're finally in the match, the start of the match begins to stutter a lot, but that only happens for a few seconds. The matches themselves have little lag, but they tend to skip a lot. Even with these problems, the game is still a lot of fun to play. Playing with BOTS is absolutely flawless, so I tend to use that feature the most. I hope that when the finished game is given to the public that they fix these problems, but none the less, this game is amazing for a free online FPS. If you want to try and get into the beta, go to www.quakelive.com.

No comments: